~~ "BRIGHTSCREEN" Medium Format SLR & TLR Focusing Screens ~~
$80 USD with FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
~~ All screens have a 13mm diameter MICROPRISM type focus aid in the center. In addition, screens can be ordered either with no grid or with any of the different scribed grid patterns illustrated below. ~~
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
(for Praktisix & Pentacon Six and Bronica S2, EC & ETR SLR and Rollei and most other TLR cameras)
Here's a picture of the microprism Brightscreen, with #6601 grid pattern, as installed in a Rolleicord Vb:
... and a close-up view of the microprism center focusing aid spot:
Here is a view of the Brightscreen with a 6608 "rule of thirds" grid pattern, installed in a Yashica Mat 124G.
The photo above shows a Pentacon Six with its original screen on the left, and the Brightscreen (with 6608 grid) on the right. Note that because of the thickness difference between the two screens, a small spacer is required between the screen and its retaining wire at the front center. This little clear plastic block is included with the screen.
These are not intended to compete with Beattie or Maxwell screens, they are more for improving the usability of earlier, classic cameras from the Ciro-Flex to early Rolleis.
The screen features a 13mm central microprism spot and an integral Fresnel field lens to give even illumination and easy viewing and focusing. They are available with or without a scribed grid to aid in alignment or composition (see illustrations below).
For models that I have fitted, the screen is provided with instructions for installation. If you have a camera that I have not fitted yet, you can send me your camera and I will install the screen and return it to you.... there is no additional charge except for return postage for the camera. There is a possibility that I may not be able to fit your camera - if I can't fit it, I will refund your payment less the return postage.
So far I have fitted screens for:
- Bronica EC (I just provide the screen itself, you have to re-use your metal frame) ***NOTE: This replacement is a delicate operation which involves straightening and re-bending tabs on the aluminum frame. The old screen will probably be scratched while removing it from the frame. Undertake this project at your own risk!
- Bronica ETR (same cautions as for EC above)
- Bronica S2A (New foam strips are included with the screen). If you are having problems with focus accuracy in your S2 / S2A camera, PLEASE email me before ordering.
- Ciro-Flex B thru F (Ciro-Flex A screen is not interchangeable)
- Flexaret (early, mostly crank advance models)
- Flexaret (later knob advance models - yes, they're different)
- Great Wall SLR
- Kodak Reflex
- Mamiya C series (non-interchangeable-screen models ONLY - cannot do 330 series or 220F with interchangeable screens)
- Minolta Autocord
- MPP Microcord
- Praktisix/Pentacon Six
- Ricoh Diacord
- Rolleicord, both fixed hood (Va and earlier) and quick-release hood (Vb)
- Rolleiflex, both fixed hood (E and earlier, including Old Standard) and quick-release hood (E2, E3, F, T, Wide, Tele)
- Rolleiflex, late model TLRs (FX, GX, etc) (yes, they're different too)
- Rolleiflex 4x4 "Baby"
- Rolleiflex SL66
- Tougodo Skyflex
- Tower Reflex (made by Fujita)
- Voigtlander Superb
- Yashica Mat (Meterless and 124; please specify - models 12,24 & 124 take a different screen from earlier models)
- Yashica 6x6 models A - B - C - D - 635
- Yashica 4x4
- Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex IIa
Price for a screen is $80.00, custom cut to fit your camera and with instructions for installation. There is no extra charge for a scribed grid. Postage is included in the price WORLDWIDE.
~~~Shameless Plugs & Unsolicited Endorsements~~~
If interested, please contact me at email@example.com and let me know what model camera you have and what grid style you would like.... or just scroll down and click the yellow PayPal button.
Total cost is $80 USD for each screen; shipping is included in the price, to any location worldwide.
To order, please click on the yellow button below:
ONE MORE IMPORTANT NOTE: After placing your order, please keep an eye on the email THAT YOU LINK TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. I may have to ask you a question, and this is the email that I have for you. If you don't look at it, we cannot communicate. You will also be notified AT THIS EMAIL ADDRESS when your screen has shipped. Thank you!
~~~~~~~~Smaller Screens for 4x4cm (127 film) Cameras~~~~~~~~
NOTE: The screen patterns below are available ONLY for 4x4 format cameras using size 127 film. For 120 film, 6x6 format cameras, please refer to the patterns above.
Grid SplitScreen with Diagonal Rangefinder in Yashica 44LM (sorry, I don't happen to have a 4x4 BrightScreen installation handy - but you get the idea)
Where are they going?